Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Button Button....who has the Button



Now, if you know me you know I LOVE BUTTONS.
In fact, I might be called a button hoarder!!
I KNOW....i didn't use a lot of buttons but I chose
two vintage buttons, one is a Mother of Pearl Flower button
and the other a vintage blingy beauty!


I began by using a 6 x 6 Artboard.
I pulled out a stencil and applied White Stucco through it.


I spritzed and splattered Glimmer Mists on canvas.
I stamped randomly using different style stamps.
Then I applied another layer of White Stucco.
When dry I applied a layer of Glaze and let it dry.
I then spritzed and splattered with more Glimmer Mist.
I also applied Prills in various places.
I set it aside to dry.


I cut out a few leaves from some Handmade Paper and spritzed
with more Glimmer Mist.


Then I created my Button Flower.
I used vintage curtains to diecut my flower layers.
Now...I made an error when taking this photo
I painted on a layer of Glimmer Glam (not glimmer mist)
to stiffen the fabric and added a bit of color to the center
and edges for depth.


I went to my pile of 'TOVERS and found these
bits and pieces to use on my canvas.


Here are a few more picts of my
Button....Button creation.




Thank you for stopping by and takin' a peek at my creation.

Make sure you visit each the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog
and each designer's blog and leave some comment love for them...
we LOVE hearing from you all!

Please follow these rules to be eligible for placements and prizes. Entries not following our rules will be deleted.

* You must use our challenge graphic in your challenge post.
* You must comment on at least 3 design team member's blogs. 
* Your post must link back to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge post
* Add a link to your direct postnot your entire blog, a YouTube Video or a Pinterest Board
* You can combine with up to 4 other challenges. 
* No Backlinking (linking a project completed before the start date of our challenge) allowed! Any back-linked entries will be deleted.
* You can enter up to 5 times, create whatever you want, and HAVE FUN!

You have until 11:55 pm EST on March 31st to enter!

Other Product Used
Tattered Angels
Glimmer Mist
Olive Vine
Cranberry Zing
Wedding Pink
Electric Blue

Glimmer Glam
Twinkle Toes

Canvas Corp
Flute White
Handmade Paper ~ Embossed Large Floral

Yvonne Blair Designs/Impression Obsession
Will you Forever be
Some Memories

Perfect Paints
White Stucco
Perfect Glaze Medium

USArtquest
Prill ~ Lettuce entertain you
101 Heavy Artist Cement

5 comments:

Nora said...

So beautiful! Thanks for, showing us, the step by step...

Donna B. said...

Gorgeous Lynne!!

Unknown said...

I love your art board and everything about it; colors, design, layout, saying, etc. Very nice to see the step by step tutorial for the project. Having this is an extra bonus.

Courtney said...

Lovely background colors! I love your saying and the flower too. Great project for this month. :) Thanks for the inspiration.

Lilian said...

So pretty! Thanks for the tutorial!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio